1. Artificial Intelligence, has already gathered a lot of buzz in 2018, in 2019 it continues to be a trend to watch, AI refers to computers systems built to mimic human intelligence and perform tasks such as recognition of images, speech or patterns and decision making.
2. Machine Learning is rapidly being integrated in all kinds of industries, creating a huge demand for skilled professionals in 2019. Machine Learning is a subset of AI. With Machine Learning, computers are programmed to learn to do something they are not programmed to do
3. Robotic Process Automation, is another technology that is automating jobs. RPA is the use of software to automate business processes such as interpreting applications, processing transactions, dealing with data, and even replying to emails.
4. Blockchain technology again going to create buzz in 2019 also, blockchain can be described as data you can only add to, not take away from or change.
5. Edge computing will increase as use the Internet of Things (IoT) devices increases. By 2022, the global edge computing market is expected to reach $6.72 billion.
6. 2019 is making a way for Virtual Reality (VR) and Augment Reality (AR) Both have enormous potential in training, entertainment, education, marketing, and even rehabilitation after an injury etc.
7. Cyber security might not seem like an emerging technology, given that it has been around for a while, but it is evolving just as other technologies are. That’s in part because threats are constantly new. As proof of the strong need for cybersecurity professionals, the number of cybersecurity jobs is growing three times faster than other tech jobs.
8. the Internet of Things (IoT) is the future of 2019, The number of IoT devices reached 8.4 billion in 2017 is and expected to reach 30 billion devices by 2020.